Birth,

I am only familiar with Windows, and Slow with a MAC, what are you using?

>From the above link it is easy to install node JS on your computer. eg I
use the
Windows Installer (.msi)64bit
The above installs node, the npm package manager and adds it to the path

Once installed type "node" in the Windows Search and you will see Node.js
Desktop App
Clicking on this opens a window with a  ">" prompt

However now it is in the path open a command prompt
If you type at the C:\> prompt "node" it will go into the aforementioned
">" prompt (ctrl-d to exist
And you can type NPM <command> at the windews C:\> prompt

Follow the step 2 + located
at https://tiddlywiki.com/#Installing%20TiddlyWiki%20on%20Node.js

C:\> npm install -g tiddlywiki

and let it run, This is also how you update tiddlywiki within NodeJS
This is basically the installation of an "npm" package called tiddlywiki

C:\> tiddlywiki --version

to check it is installed and the version

Now follow sets 5+ at  located
at https://tiddlywiki.com/#Installing%20TiddlyWiki%20on%20Node.js

Step 5.1
tiddlywiki mynewwiki --init server
Basically creates a folder wiki called mynewwiki, do this as often as you
wish to create wikis
Note the Folder wiki is created below the folder in which you run this
command and next time you run tiddlywiki you need to be in the folder above
to use tiddlywiki mynewwiki --init server
Step 5.2
tiddlywiki mynewwiki --server
The above Basically runs the new wiki from that point forward
I placed this command in a batch file to start when I login (using the
Windows Scheduling app)
Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/ to access your wiki.
Add a tiddler and it should autosave, clicking Save may trigger the
download dialogue

You can start it with a different port number tiddlywiki psat.com.au --init
server 8082
or to be accessible on your lan tiddlywiki studio8d --server "" "" "" "" ""
"" "0.0.0.0"

I Found this https://tiddlywiki.com/#ServerCommand

<host> <pathprefix>

The parameters are:

   - port - port number to serve from (defaults to "8080")
   - roottiddler - the tiddler to serve at the root (defaults to "
   $:/core/save/all
   <http://127.0.0.1:8088/Instances/TiddlyWiki5.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fsave%2Fall>
   ")
   - rendertype - the content type to which the root tiddler should be
   rendered (defaults to "text/plain")
   - servetype - the content type with which the root tiddler should be
   served (defaults to "text/html")
   - username - the default username for signing edits
   - password - optional password for basic authentication
   - host - optional hostname to serve from (defaults to "127.0.0.1" aka
   "localhost")
   - pathprefix - optional prefix for paths

If the password parameter is specified then the browser will prompt the
user for the username and password. Note that the password is transmitted
in plain text so this implementation isn't suitable for general use.

I hope this helps

Personally I now only use TiddlyDesktop (for TWC) TiddlyServer (file and
Folder wikis) and I am adopting Bob

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4bddd170-0adb-46c9-aacd-a6aedd0849d7%40googlegroups.com.