Hi Tony,

Here's code that will clone a tiddler without forcing an edit:

\define registered-tiddler() My New Tiddler
\define wiki-tiddler() HelloThere
\define fieldvalue() <$text text={{!!$(field)$}}/>

<$button>
<$action-createtiddler  $basetitle=<<registered-tiddler>> $savetitle=
"$:/temp/mytitle" />
<$tiddler tiddler=<<wiki-tiddler>>>
<$list filter="[<wiki-tiddler>fields[]] -[[title]] -[[draft.of]]
-[[modified]] -[[created]]" variable="field">
<$wikify text=<<fieldvalue>> name="fieldvalue2" type="text" mode="inline">
<$action-setfield $tiddler={{$:/temp/mytitle}} $field=<<field>>  $value=<<
fieldvalue2>>/>
</$wikify>
</$list>
</$tiddler>
New Cloned Tiddler
</$button>

It's convoluted. Needed to wikify the output of a <$text> widget.

You may want to deal differently with the modified and created fields.
There's an option in action-createtiddler to control that.

Good luck,
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e3ed5c28-4c3f-4791-888f-a1ee86c6b416%40googlegroups.com.