This thread is moving somewhere useful, using alternate Drop Zones for
different responses to drag and drop.

If I may make a small brain dump for consideration.

I do not yet have the skills to do so but it seems to me we need to
generalise this somewhat. You could think of it as providing a drop zone
for a number of importers that respond differently. Alternatively and even
better would be if we could open a drop importer in its own window, so that
onscreen we place this window next to our filemanger to collect and import
all the files we want, if necessary supplying the folder path seperately.

Personally I can imagine opening a tiddler full screen perhaps called the
drop importer which would have a number of coloured tiles with the
different importer methods as the title. Including custom importers such as
anything you drop here will be tagged foo as well as imported. The
importers could simply import a link, create the canonical URI, drop the
filename only, import the item by filetype etc... A custom value would
allow one to specify a path eg; /images such that if one drags a set of
filenames into tiddlywiki it will import the filename such that it can be
combined with the path to point to the file(s) folder. This requires the
files are intentionally placed in the /images folder by the user but this
is trivial to not being able to drop references to the files in tiddlywiki
(or has this already being solved?)

Every drop importer should have a matching Importer for the Import button
as well, and being able to set a filter for the files you can select say to
"images only" would be helpful to make it clear what can be imported via
that importer.

I would like to create importers to drag and drop say .bat and .cmd files
and have them tagged WindowsBatch for example. Or .php files, tagged
wordPressPHP

Further, I have raised the use of iFrames for inter Wiki tiddler transfer
here https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywikidev/xauAqz1Eu0w
It would great if such importers would include dropzones that are in fact
windows to other wikis so lets say I dropped a plugin into an importer
called "CorePlugins" the plugin would effectively be dropped on the
External Wiki called "CorePlugins"which is my plugin repository, if we
could only have the target wiki not ask to confirm import this would be
helpful (but not essential). Even better would be an importer that imports
the plugin here and into CorePlugins in one step.

Another type that would be helpful is to select a folder name and or path
(if Possible) to save in a tiddler. Whilst this could be used to say set
the images location it could also be used to point to a folder containing
other wikis, or to a wiki file itself.

Also as you may guess I would think every importer should have a matching
exporter. I would love to be able to provide a button that exports a .bat
.cmd .php file as a .bat  .cmd or .php file. Thus TiddlyWiki can be an
integrated tool for documenting and generating scripts in multiple formats,
especially where the content is effectively plain-text. For the security
concerned remember I have to use the interactive export/save dialogue so
such files can not be installed surreptitiously. However allowing
(sometimes small) executables would also be helpful, so that tiddlywiki
could become an interactive set up and install platform. Imagine if
TiddlyServers settings.json could be automated in tiddlywiki with the
result exported (Jed does something like this in Bob).

I believe there are no technical limitations to getting the above, only a
need for a clarity of purpose.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f6173f42-3272-4374-95ea-406c9aa3caf0%40googlegroups.com.