Hi all, I'm a complete n00b to TW, so I'm slowly wrapping my head around
the philosophy and potential uses.

Apologies if these issues have been addressed elsewhere, but I wanted to
ask this question before I invested too much time in it, in case my needs
are best met with some other tool.

I'm imagining a website where twiddlies are bits of non-linear narrative,
notes, quotes, etc. that can be explored in many different ways (links,
tags) and, over time, build up to a more ordered, linked-up 'final draft'
-- almost like a "process book" (in art-speak). This idea seems like its a
perfect fit for TW's non-linear/"Story River" functionality. But what I
don't understand is what happens after a TW (e.g. "empty.html") is uploaded
to a webhost. Can people still add or edit twiddlies? Is there a way to
turn that off? In fact, it would be great if there's a way to hide all
"backend" tools and just focus on the side bar and twiddlies. Is this
possible? I haven't seen any examples that show this.

And if this is possible, how would subsequent edits be made? Would I have
to re-upload the whole "empty.html" each time?

Is there a combination of plugins and themes that would allow me to do both
things: hide all "admin" or unnecessary tools so the visitor can focus on
the content while also allowing me to make additions directly into the file
already uploaded?

The closest thing I've seen to an answer is:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/IkT5EQFTBFY -- I'm just
wondering if there's something that is more robust and intended for the
usage I have in mind.

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/996d0376-37f0-43b2-bc89-b25e6f1cae71%40googlegroups.com.