On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:28:37 PM UTC-4, Lost Admin wrote:

> On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:27:44 PM UTC-4, Lost Admin wrote:
>>

>> On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:17:05 PM UTC-4, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree. I think its "N/A" on "Portability".
>>>
>>> However, with deference to Mat, still the point remains that NoteSelf is
>>> an interesting option for users who want a solution that works over many
>>> different types of devices from one source (a synched cloud based database).

The strength I find in NoteSelf is that on large TiddlyWiki files it loads
and saves a lot faster (as only changes and tiddlers actually being
displayed are synced to the server).

The biggest weakness I see is the set-up. It probably took me about 16
hours of effort (over about 3 weeks) to do my first functional setup of
CouchDB. But, I was doing that by digging through the CouchDB documentation
and various tutorials on how to setup CouchDB (there wasn't anything
specific for NoteSelf at the time; I'm fixing that). My most recent set-up
took under an hour.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5ea22a15-27bf-4aba-a406-2eacdd269d40%40googlegroups.com.