You're right. It's been awhile since I tried to use NoteSelf.

It does seem like it's in two categories, working either as a saver or as
service. I would not say it qualifies as a "server" until there is a
complete setup explaining how to (1) set up your own couch server and (2)
connect a NoteSelf instance to that server.

Thanks,
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/61b29dfb-2853-46ef-957d-fe3949eed433%40googlegroups.com.