Hi PMario,

Le vendredi 1 juin 2018 14:39:28 UTC+2, PMario a écrit :

> On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 2:05:52 PM UTC+2, FrD wrote:
>
>> But I was talking about a more simple use case : serving and saving local
>> files (on the local filesystem or on dropbox or onedrive as you have local
>> copies of the files). There should (?) be no access conflict on the files
>> (of course it may happen, but you should master your own files ...).
>> The backup folder could bee created before using the saver or the webdav
>> server could maybe do it (after all it's on your filesystem).
>>

> "I can hear you" :) ... But as a software author, you can't rely on
> assumptions. Especially, that the setup is done right. Murphy's law
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law> will bite you ;) There's
> no way around it.
> -mario

Maybe by testing if the document URL begins with "localhost" or
"127.0.0.1", one can see if it's a local file system save case and then
fire the saver ...

If I can wrap my head around the http protocol, XMLHttpRequest, I'll give
it a try, writing something like a local put saver with "backup" ability
(MKCOL request I've read).

Oups !!! I've said "backup"  -:)

Regards

FrD