Hi,
It may be a problem with Permissions.
Go to Settings > Apps > Application List. Select andtidwiki. Then select
Permissions. "Storage" must be enabled otherwise andtidwiki would be able
to access files.
Personally, I have been using andtidwiki on Oreo more than a month without
major issues only import and Export of tiddlers do not work.

Wil.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CA%2BtXj5_tf%2B65rjN9qxEwMmNQsh%3DkDp9jdjzyaAME_cK3ZsXg1A%40mail.gmail.com.