Folks,

In part inspired by the Tiddler internal TOC question
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/5rosst5JqTU> I
was wondering if there is a method to;

Process the text field a line at a time?

I realise this is in someways possible with datatiddlers, but I am
interested in a filter or other method that would return each line of a
text tiddler, delimited by new line or <br> as appears in the edit tiddler
view.

A list filter to do this on a tiddlers text (or other) field would

   - Without intervention, display the whole tiddler as it would be seen in
   edit mode.
   - Wikifying each line would not always make sense as many WikiText items
   use more than one line
   - Using the limit[5] would show the first 5 lines of a tiddler (un
   wikified)
   - Each line can be subsequently filtered according to its content such
   as heading, comments and other string tests
      - Is this string testing actually possible? perhaps with search
      operator on the resulting text, or listops?
      - For example lines beginning with "!" could be filtered out and then
      wikifyed to provide a visual list of headings in this tiddler
      - Any other text could be used to generate custom views eg
         - <$list </$list <$set </$set <$vars </$vars etc... to show the
         code structure.
         - A convention ".q" ".a" could be used to list questions and
         answers lines and get a css class to boot.
         - Such a feature will allow for a rudimentary parsing and more
   sophisticated treatment of the text field content.
   - Perhaps this could be used to support append/pre-pend to the text
   field allowing log and other tiddlers.

it must be happening in the CodeMirror plugin

If no solution exists I will raise a GitHub Issue.

Thank in advance
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/bb73a684-8e23-4d2e-87eb-2e5794fcf499%40googlegroups.com.