On Friday, 20 July 2018 20:08:21 UTC-7, TonyM wrote:

> Jim,
>
> In your examples you use a litteral date, surely you need it to come from
> a field a value or something else. How do you plan to actualy use sameday
> in your tiddlers?

Hi Tony,

Yes, I simplified for the sake of the discussion.  In the real thing, I
have the date stored in a field, and I'm using a macro to put it into the
filter.  I have this all working, apart from the fact that I get the
previous days tiddlers attached to each journal entry.

Looking through those tickets on github, I wonder if there is some
analysis-paralysis happening.  The issue about sameday doing the wrong
thing has been closed in favour of a much bigger and more controversial
discussion about whether or not tiddlywiki should store timezones alongside
dates.

The proposed storage change seems like a bit of a distraction.  Regardless
of whether or not that change is made, sameday etc need to convert the
query dates into the same timezone as the stored dates before doing the
comparison.  Isn't is a pretty clear win to make sameday take an optional
timezone (and treat argument as local time by default)?  There might be
some small number of people who are relying on the buggy behaviour - they
will have to update their code to explicitly mention UTC if that is the
behaviour they really want.  But I think that number of people will be
small compared to those who will benefit.

Regards,
Jim

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4debb66b-4246-4206-a980-1c3bdaed0e32%40googlegroups.com.