Hey h0p3,

I actually do a lot of editing of tid files from the CLI. Whenever I drop a
PDF file into a folder, a new tid file is created with the name of the PDF,
some tags, etc. and is opened in my text editor. I can fill it out, save it
and move on. Later on, I can restart my TW and it loads up all my new
tiddlers.

In the newest version I think we wont have to restart it anymore.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e815736e-6724-47d3-ae11-0a1cf996d303%40googlegroups.com.