I have switched to using TOML instead of json for the configuration in most
of my projects. It is a simpler format. You don't have to worry about
commas and matching braces and the like. It also allows comments.

Before I switch Bob to use TOML I wanted to make sure that there aren't any
big objections to the change.

As an example, this is an example settings file for Bob in json:
{
  "scripts": {
    "NewWiki": "tiddlywiki #wikiName --init #editionName"
  },
  "wikis": {
    "AWiki": "/some/path",
    "WikiGroup": {
      "AnotherWiki": "/some/other/path"
    }
  },
  "ws-server": {
    "port": 8080,
    "host": "127.0.0.1",
    "autoIncrementPort": false
  },
  "heartbeat": {
    "interval": 1000
  }
}

This is the same file in TOML (indentation and blank lines are only for
clarity, they aren't required) The specfication for TOML is here
<https://github.com/toml-lang/toml/blob/master/versions/en/toml-v0.5.0.md>:

#this can also have comments!
[scripts]
 NewWiki: "tiddlywiki #wikiName --init #editionName"

[wikis]
 AWiki = "/some/path"

 [wikis.WikiGroup]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f26b12f4-256f-436a-b1eb-0d6ade13528f%40googlegroups.com.