On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 12:26:26 PM UTC-4, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

There needs to be some step to pass it to the browser to invoke email.
> Encoding is only step 1.
>
> A long time ago Riz & Thomas Elmiger did a bunch of work on this (for me
> [i'm feeling guilty still  for that effort by them that I could not
> reciprocate]) that works well. I could maybe give more detail if I know its
> worth the effort for me to dig the details out.

In my case, the computer where the TiddlyWiki is in use has a standalone
e-mail client, which mailto links invoke — so that's easy.

But if you wanted to pass the whole kit & kaboodle to a Web-based e-mail
client like Gmail — or directly to an SMTP server — I can imagine that
would get to be a pretty big project pretty quickly!

Do you remember what your use case was, Josiah?  (I'm just curious.  Please
don't waste a lot of time trying to dig up the old work, as I know you've
got other stuff going on.)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90d3d8a6-4b8b-45a4-a514-5113fea6926f%40googlegroups.com.