Mark,

Thanks - You were correct the second Message has the $ sign which when
removed now works.

It makes sense in a way, that is the message parameter of the button widget,

Not the $message parameter of the action send message widget that uses
$message so you can also pass the parameter message=

But yes,

Its too easy sometimes, with computers as a whole for a single character,
to staff things up big time.

Thanks
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5ff00cbf-ddeb-4266-9da5-865b2318f9aa%40googlegroups.com.