Dave,

The basic stuff

Typically the best way to "change the view Template" is to use the
$:/tags/ViewTemplate Tag on a tiddler that contains what you would like to
appear, keeping in mind you can wrap it in a conditional list or reveal.
You can then use the $:/tags/ViewTemplate tag pill to drag and drop the
order they appear on the view template. Start simply, the enhance, you will
pick it up quite quickly.

I think this is the place to look for your current requirement.

Rebuild or modify the whole view template

However some may wonder how to totally change what appears in the
viewTemplate, create additional templates or ones for inside other tiddlers
in a panel like TWOutlier or
https://tiddlywiki.com/#Example%20Table%20of%20Contents%3A%20Tabbed%20Internal
This is much more complex.

Regards