The first bullet point indicates, to me, that your existing tiddlywiki
files (or tiddler files) will get updated by tiddlywiki (node.js) but you
won't see those changes unless you stop and start your instance.

The 3rd line similarly would allow new tiddler files to be created by
node.js but would not let you see them until you restarted the instance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b4177827-52c3-4db0-9479-91bad69fd60f%40googlegroups.com.