I am not certain how to fix that error, it is coming from the openurl node
module that makes the browser open automatically and I haven't dug into it
much.

If you don't care about opening the browser automatically than the easiest
fix is to edit the config.json in the settings folder of your index wiki
and set the suppressBrowser key to true. Then you will have to open your
browser and go to localhost:8080 yourself instead of having it open
automatically.

It doesn't really fix the problem but it should avoid it and it is probably
easier than switching your desktop environment. I will add an issue on the
repo to figure out if I can find a better way to work around the problem.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c1a65219-4e87-4442-8d66-8eb3ff380d5c%40googlegroups.com.