> It won't install on my system -- what minimum SDK level did you specify?
>
> Nice touch having the icon in there.
>
> The orientation problem is standard. You have to save the currently loaded
> file path in onPause (I think -- it might be something else) and then
> reload the TW in onResume. I'm sure the technique is outlined in more than
> one tutorial out there. The problem for TW is that if you happen to be
> typing something and then tilt the screen, it's all gone. I guess the
> solution would be to enhance the webview interface to tell the TW file to
> save before the pause. If that's possible ...
>
> I notice the path you specify is for the internal system. Do you have the
> android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE set in the manifest? Supposedly
> if you set it, on Android 6 - 8 you should be able to write the external
> storage card.

Yes, I use the write-external-storage permission - therefor minimum sdk
level is 23 but I have it set to 28 which is what android studio gave me.
I'm not experienced with these things, just wanted it to work on my phone.
If it's helpful to you somehow, I add the code here, it's just three files

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/21a20303-e09a-4f03-87b5-a77919414e04%40googlegroups.com.