Mohammad and TonyM

Slowly catching up over the holidays and thought I give you some simple
examples of using TiddlyWiki.

Back in the dark ages of time, when I was a corporate trainer, we used a
commercial course authoring program then moved on to an inhouse developed
program to build a menu around HTML pages. It looked about like TiddlyWiki
Classic but the menu was on the left. We moved from live instruction to a
mix with some self-paced monitored self-study courses. That moved on to
little live instruction with more web or CD delivery. It also had a system
for testing and reporting results to central server.

Since I first saw TWC I thought it could have done the same job except for
the testing and record keeping. I was hoping that integration with the
Tincan API might provide that missing piece but that seems to have lapsed.
Perhaps Federation (TWederation) will be able to add that, though it might
require some Javascript plugins to make the testing more secure.

Anyway, trying to get my downloads under control I created two TWs. They
might be examples for a course that primarily media based. Options for
online or offline use are included.

The first is an audio lecture series on church history. Because it was
presented over an extended period of time I used a journal style of entry.

http://churchhistory.tiddlyspot.com

The second is a video lecture series, in this case on the Jewish view of
Jesus. This was structured a little more like a traditional course and I
made the TW that way. This might be the way a course with media might be
presented.

http://objections2jesus.tiddlyspot.com

Entries in both have included a notes entry that is transcluded into the
main entry. That way the student wouldn't have to modify the main entry and
could actually make notes while the media is playing.

Those are simple examples that don't require heavy TW knowledge. The few
fancy things are done by macros and snippets (stamps) to make using them
easier if a student would add more.

For something more complex, as in presenting a procedure, I've included two
TWs that I helped a friend create sometime ago. They are step-by-step
guides to installing  and running some software. No specific way was
provided for notetaking.

http://portable3d.tiddlyspot.com

http://portable3dev.tiddlyspot.com

Hope that helps by giving you a few more ideas.

Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2851267c-7c47-421c-ba74-a4ccda07a8cd%40googlegroups.com.