I think Dave's point goes beyond example TWs. I don't think the TW
community is lacking there. There are some amazing and exotic examples
floating around. If I'm understanding Dave's point correctly, we should
have "empty" TWs available that are roughly optimized for certain tasks.
They come pre-loaded with some basic plugins particular to that task and
maybe there's an easily available list that has suggestions and links to
other plugins that are associated with that task.

So if someone is new to TW wants to use TW for note-taking for school, they
just hit the link and get an edition with a couple plugins for notes. If
they want a TW for writing, there's another one to download, etc.

I think Dave's idea would go a fair ways to reducing some of the activation
energy.

Another thing that would help would be a WYSIWYG editor. As a newbie who
originally came to TW for writing, I found the plaintext editor very
offputting. I almost went to WordPress just on account of that. I know we
have the ckeditor plugin available, but something native to TW might help.

Best wishes,
Adam

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11eb7f43-b031-436a-b398-2150a8728947%40googlegroups.com.