Thanks a lot Jed! Problem solved after a few tweaks in my first steps :)

Let me recap this for other newbies...

*Basic tutorial: how to display a uni-link plugin caption below the title
in your tiddlers*.

(1) (a) Create a new tiddler called $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/caption as you
will be aiming to redefine part of the core user interface in an
upgrade-friendly way thanks to this new custom tiddler.

(b) Add the $:/tags/ViewTemplate tag to the tiddler. This is a "system
tag", ie. a tag that will give special behaviour to the tiddler. The
$:/tags/ViewTemplate system tag defines the new custom tiddler as being a
"view template" — in other words, you'll be changing the core user
interface's display.

(c) Add a new field called *list-after* to this tiddler (don't forget the
hyphen as I did initially!) with the following field value:
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title. The *list-after* field has a tiddler title
as its place, and places the current tiddler just before the tiddler
specified in that field. Here, we are aiming to make uni-link plugin's
caption field appear just after the core title field. To place the caption
field after the date subtitle instead, simply put
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle here or $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags to
place it after the tags for instance.

(d) The custom tiddler could then be populated with the following content
for instance (keeping it simple with no additional <h2> header):

<$view field="caption"/>

This basically specifies that the *caption* field should be displayed in a
HTML <div> container called tc-tiddler-caption. This will be useful in the
next step to create a tc-tiddler-caption CSS stylesheet that will allow us
to manipulate the style of the caption.

(2) (a) Create a new tiddler called tc-tiddler-caption for the purpose of
hosting the intended CSS stylesheet.

(b) We are going to make this into a CSS class so we need to add the
following tag: $:/tags/Stylesheet. It is also best to indicate the type of
this tiddler as being *text/css*.

(c) Finally add your desired CSS. I used the following:

.tc-tiddler-caption {
    font-style: italic;
    color: dimgrey;
    font-size: 180%;
    line-height:180%;
}

Voilà ! You should now have your custom-formatted caption just were you
wanted it :)

R²

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8cac1097-d3a4-4863-a52b-5fa1d3f6ce66%40googlegroups.com.