Brian Theado,

I agree with the first point and just implemented it, because it also fixes
an issue that I didn't see: for example, if you select Beens, Beef, Top
Secret Recipes direct tags from Larry's Cookbook -> Active list, then you
think that you are only interested in the Top Secret Recipes from the
Active list , you have to go back to the Active context and then select
this tag. It is enough to delete the irrelevant labels (Beens, Beef) with
the behaviour you describe.

I don't quite agree with the second point:

This is different, more limited behavior compared to clicking a standard TW
> tag pill

 Yes, it's different, but not necessarily more limited: When you open the
tag, there is an icon in the tiddler toolbar, which shows the hierarchy of
the tag in the sidebar, so you get more information about the tag than the
"built-in" solution. The drawback of this is that the context you have seen
so far disappears (reseting the Locator).

I could imagine a solution that, when opening the tag, opens the tag in the
Locator (instead of its tiddler), and then, when closing the hierarchy of
the tag, restores the previous context.

For example clicking on Soups & Chili:

[image: vivaldi_2019-01-20_14-04-58.png]

[image: vivaldi_2019-01-20_14-06-26.png]

Clicking on X near Soups & Chili:

[image: vivaldi_2019-01-20_14-04-58.png]

 What do you think?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2d80ca80-a221-4c60-b3c2-e540e165ead8%40googlegroups.com.