Dave,

Depends on what you mean about online. I believe their is a solution
allready.

Something I have done is move edit and other buttons behind the more button
(unchecked in ToolBar settings) then also hide the more button as well. Now
no one can access the edit button. Now Clone the edit button and wrap it's
code in a test "list or reveal", such it will only show when the condition
is true, make sure this new edibutton is checked in the Toolbar settings
(Instead of the real one).

Now you choose your condition. Perhaps show it if {{$:/info/url/protocol
<http://127.0.0.1:8088/Instances/PSaTSuitnew.html#%24%3A%2Finfo%2Furl%2Fprotocol>}}

is file:

Repeat for each button you want to hide, Just "more" may be enough.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/21b8461e-2c56-4cc4-835b-4bbcc43d85d3%40googlegroups.com.