Hello Tony!
Thank you for clarification. I understood the reason!
But for simplicity I asked why not use $ also for wikify widget attributes!
I mean this way it much more simple to learn
and it kind of semantic naming rule.

By the way I respect developer opinion!

I share my own experience, I have to keep tiddlywiki.com open all the time,
because when coding (specially a little complex one) I mixed these things
and
I had cases it took me hours to debug the code.

Cheers
Mohammad

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8987736f-4c52-425c-a25a-7cdc05ad6064%40googlegroups.com.