An issue ... Take this case ...

[image: {4FE0AE98-959D-41B0-AC8D-E1450D37143C}.png.jpg]

This replaces <pre> tags with ```.

The issue is to also add newlines before and after the backticks.
As far as I can see the only way to get newlines into the replace pattern
is via using a Capturing Group.
But this over complicates the regex and won't always work (if the searched
string has no \n at its start or end).

So, I'm wondering if \n could be directly included in Replace patterns and
force insert of newlines? This is a common need in TW, I think?

A thought
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/47ff6126-1dfb-4f7d-9860-c309dc218945%40googlegroups.com.