Hi,

I'm having troubles with the value of a field to render correctly. It's a
bit hard to explain, so I built a quick demo (below) that can be pasted
into any wiki (such as tiddlywiki.com) -- it will create two tiddlers with
specified fields, and show you where I'm having trouble getting the vaue of
a field to render as a link; I can only "see" it using <$view
field="xxx"/>. Any help, much appreciated!

Thank,

//steve.

<$button>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="title:tiddler-b" tiddler-a="thefilename.pdf"/>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="title:tiddler-a" my-name="tiddler-a"
tiddler-b="yes" />
Make Two Tiddlers for testing
</$button>

<$list filter="[title[title:tiddler-a]has[tiddler-b]]">
<$vars myName={{!!my-name}}>
Looking for tiddlers with field <<myName>><br>
<$list filter="[has<myName>]">
tiddler: <$link><<currentTiddler>></$link><br>
value of field ''<<myName>>'': <$view field=<<myName>>/><br>
Question: how do I get the value of field <<myName>> into a link: <a
href=<<myName>> target="_blank">this is not the right link!</a>
</$list>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ec041a86-0f7e-41bf-8ea8-c90e5f9c6ea3%40googlegroups.com.