Jeremy

I do see its "accurate" as a representation of a kind. Though some of the
*colouration
is not logical--that is a compounded styling fault* I think--but important
to note as it might be addressed?

The problem is the demands on the user to 1, grasp its just a
representation, not what is happening to your stuff :-)!  2. make an
informed choice to go ahead. Does it inform or confuse?

I think the example I gave is one if I didn't know regular expressions well
I'd never click yes to because of the TWO levels of abstraction--first what
the regex pattern means and second judging where a representation of its
result makes sense.

Subjectively the representation looks all over the shop. Indeed if you
slightly change the pattern it shuffles around endlessly like a Chinese
Puzzle.

It may be we need to show also a normal preview too in such SNR cases?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/84150562-3197-4de9-8c52-0d50e6002bea%40googlegroups.com.