I won't rise to your cryptic amelioration :-)

In the original example. Menu sticks. All items are expanded already. Click
menu and whole river scrolls up and down AND the clicked menu item is
styled (highlighted) to give orientation. AND its on the left.

Josiah, x

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a9e61959-4f09-45a3-856f-7abfe1876d69%40googlegroups.com.