On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:41:11 AM UTC-4, Watt wrote:

> Hi Chris
> Do I understand what you want correctly?
>
> Do you already have a lot of these genealogical records that you want to
> convert from fields to data tiddlers?

Yes and no. Working on 3rd or 4th literation. Started with TW ( 2.6.0 )
because of the portability.

> Do you want to keep the existing fields and extract their content into a
> data tiddler in the same tiddler's text area, for display convenience?
>
> or are you just starting to create these records and want to use a form
> for data input into a data tiddler structure?

No, has to do with the having best possible ( in relation to personal
knowledge base ) efficient access to information either for review or input.

> Is your goal a unique data tiddler for each individual containing names,
> birth, baptism, burial?

that how is currently set up : tiddlers for personal data ( and sources )
and additional ones for marriages, parents, children, events, etc.

> How many individuals are you thinking of?

Its genealogy there are *always* lots of records. I decided to roll it back
a bit last year and focus and direct lineage families . . . still looking
about 1k+ individuals; before that it more like 2k+. You always keep info
you come across ( even if it doesn't directly apply ) as someone else might
need it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d10bd4d2-de3f-4857-83b4-cdab6b0a747a%40googlegroups.com.