Hi Stephan,

In order to "flatten" the titles retrieved from the filter, you need to use
the *select* attribute of your <$set> widget like so: <$set name="left"
filter="[<testtext>splitbefore[ -- ]removesuffix[ -- ]]" select=0>

Cheers,
-- Xavier Cazin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CADeSwYP_%3Dg19GSRf%3DG-BFBpKHs0c54OwhK%3DHq6tq4P0FPR3hdg%40mail.gmail.com.