An aside in this thread.., but not irrelevant.

Mat: I barely even know regexp badly.  That is basically the only one I
> know for exctly the reason of being able to make an exact comparison. BUT
> don't take my word for it, I just found it on the web..

Regex is one of few areas of computing I'm any good at.

I'd like to comment that in one way TW can be seen as a Regex Machine + a
very good AST.

Regular expressions are frustrating at first as their scope if you never
used them before. Especially when more complex, they absolutely need
testing against data because they do not work using procedural logic.

But they are *the single most powerful tool for text matching and
manipulation we have.*

I do think that slightly better understanding of regular expressions
amongst TW users would leverage it better.

When you understand them they are very economical.

Dimmi (tell me) what would be useful for you to better understand Reggie?
I'm willing to lay it out.

TT