Hi Michael

> However, in my case, I was using it in a transclusion template like
> {{$(variable)$||some_custom_tag_pill_tiddler}}. In looking at the
> instructions for the full TranscludeWidget, I can do <$transclude
> tiddler=<<variable>> field="title"/> but is there a way to specify the
> template? I was able to workaround things by making a macro like you
> indicated containing the above {{||}} transclusion template but am I missing
> something in that the full transcludeWidget is not able to use a template
> tiddler? I did try adding a "template=" section but it didn't work.

The tiddler referenced by the transclude widget is the one that is used as a
template. If you want to set a different currentTiddler for it to display then
you can use the <$tiddler> widget wrapped around the transclude widget. (The
{{tiddler|template]} syntax is a shortcut for a tiddler widget targeting the
tiddler wrapped around a transclude widget targeting the template).

Best wishes

Jeremy