Hello everyone, TiddlyServer 2.1 is finally here. I believe it's stable and
I've gotten most of the bugs worked out. I specifically tested single-file
saving (which I've gotten a lot of bug reports about lately) and I'm
pleased to say that is working as well. Please continue making suggestions.
I really appreciate your input.

As usual, I forgot exactly one thing (why is it always one thing). The
Readme in the release version says if upgrading from 2.0 you should run
upgrade-settings.js. That might work, but it's probably better to just
start fresh by copying example-settings.json and just copy and paste the
tree property over from your old settings.json file.

This page is the one you should follow for upgrading:
https://arlen22.github.io/tiddlyserver/docs/gettingstarted.html

The release page is here:
https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer/releases/tag/2.1.3. The rest of
this is what I wrote on the release page.

You might not see much difference on the surface, but underneath a lot has
changed. A lot of the changes center around the server config and the tree
specification, both of which have seriously improved. You still have to
write JSON, but the error messages are quite a bit clearer, especially if
you have valid JSON text, but an incorrect setting or property name.

The tree has been reworked to allow group and folder level customizations.
We don't match the path on disk, but if you specify it in the tree you can
customize the backup settings, specify which users can access the folder,
and change the put saver settings for that part of the tree. We've also
added index options for groups and folders, so you can customize the
directory page.

The simple things are still there just like before.

   - Serve and save single-file wikis. You can also disable this feature or
   restrict which users can use it.
   - Serve and modify data folder wikis. Now with WebSocket support.
   - Serve files and folders anywhere on disk and organize them into
   virtual folders (called groups).
   - Did you know you can specify the path to a file directly in the tree?
   Any path can specify a file or folder, even as the root of the tree, but I
   don't know why you would serve one file.

The more advanced features include

   - Cookie-based login, which replaces basic auth.
   - Advanced routing tree customization, including access restrictions and
   index pages for groups.
   - Flexible options to specify the IP addresses to bind to.
   - Serving over HTTPS using the NodeJS HTTPS server implementation.

It's all in the docs, which now has a home. Check it out at
https://arlen22.github.io/tiddlyserver/. They're definitely not
comprehensive, so feel free to ask if you aren't sure about something.

A big thank you to every who has made suggestions and tested the betas.
TiddlyServer may not be done yet, but it wouldn't be what it is without
that feedback.