Just thought I'd take a minute to chime in here. I apologize that
TiddlyServer appears so complex to get started with. I'm quite sure it is
much simpler than the other options you've mentioned above, especially IIS
and WebDAV. So here's how to get started.

https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer/releases/tag/2.1.3

Open that page, and scroll down to the bottom. Download your source archive
zip or tar.gz, whichever you prefer. Here's a screenshot of what I'm
referring to.

[image: Screenshot 2019-09-07 00.23.07.png]

Extract it to an empty folder so you don't risk merging with an existing
folder. Once you extract it you can move it wherever you want it to be.

https://nodejs.org/en/

Go to NodeJS.org and download the LTS version of Node, which currently is
10.x, and install it on the computer you will be running TiddlyServer on.
It's pretty straightforward, and the default options should work fine.

You don't actually need to install the whole thing, you can also just
download a zip file and extract node.exe into the TiddlyServer folder to
make a portable install. Since you're working with IIS I'm sure you have
enough computer experience know what I'm talking about, but if I'm not
making myself clear, just install NodeJS like I described above.

Now, here's the part that most people find tricky. Copy
example-settings.json and name it settings.json. Then open it in your
favorite editor and read the comments in it. You can leave the comments
there, just uncomment one of the lines inside the bindInfo object according
to your particular use case. I'm guessing it would probably be the first or
second of the three options. Here's what it looks like.

  "bindInfo": {
    // V V V V Uncomment one of the following V V V V

    //bind to localhost only (you can specify any other ip address in this
array, and it will bind to all available addresses)
    // "bindAddress": ["127.0.0.1"],

    //bind to 0.0.0.0
    // "bindWildcard": true

    //workaround for android devices (bind to all available private ip
addresses on startup)
    // "bindWildcard": false, "bindAddress": ["192.168.0.0/16", "10.0.0.0/8",
"172.31.0.0/16"], "filterBindAddress": true,
  },

The entire documentation for the settings.json file is at
https://arlen22.github.io/tiddlyserver/docs/serverconfig.html and the tree
property is the first item on the page. Here's a really simple example to
get you started.

"tree": {
"myfolder": "../personal",
"workstuff": "../work",
"user": "~/Desktop/random",
"projects_group": {
"tiddlyserver": "~/Desktop/Github/TiddlyServer",
"material-theme": "~/Dropbox/Material Theme"
}
}

And that's all there is to it. Once you have your settings.json file setup,
just run "node server.js" to start the server.

I made TiddlyServer simple because I want it to be simple for me to use
every day :) I'm just really bad at communicating that sometimes.

Hope that helps
Arlen