Couple ways...

For some, i just explicitly exclude in the filter :

[tag[groups]!title[grouptags]]

I also use "noshow" tags excluded as above, for the more frequent occuring
bits.

And then i also have an ignore tiddler containing tags that i never want to
see anywhere (mostly for admin/meta type tags). I have set up the filters
to always exclude these, and have one place where i filter for them
explicitly to see for editing etc.