Hi fellow forum users!

I'm interested in methods of collaborating on 'projects' here on Google Groups
and I'd like to ask for your help in organising a virtual 'Conference' here on
the forum to look into it.

Here is the process I have in mind, it will take a month to complete but, if I
get some responses, my objective is to produce and publish a 'Conference
Report' on group collaboration here, outlining methods, mechanisms and tools
that can be used to facilitate collaboration and cooperation within this Google
Group. I aim to publish it here by the last week of October.

This is my own experiment - not affiliated with TW or GG or anything else, just
an attempt to have some fun and explore what can be done using just a forum. I
appreciate that it may appear presumptious, and that's one example of what I'm
interested in, so don't hesitate to talk about the psychology of collaboration
if that interests you as well as the practical mechanics.

The Process
Stage 1: Time allowance, 1 week. Submissions open today Wednesday 25th
September - Submissions close Wednesday 2nd October 2019.

Request forum users to think about collaboration and team cooperation on Google
Groups and to formulate and post as many of their own questions/thoughts on the
subject as they care to, here, in this thread.

I do NOT want you to discuss anybody else's contributions at this stage. I'm
just looking for your own individual thoughts on collaboration on GG,
crystalised as questions if possible. There are no right or wrong answers and
multiple posts are welcome.

I do NOT want you to suggest external software solutions or wikis. I'm only
interested in collaboration within GG at the moment.

I DO want you to think creatively about collaboration methods and problems
you've experienced or solved, or collaboration problems and solutions you can
see a need for but which didn't get solved. Try to think within the limitations
of this forum. There are external solutions I know, but how could the same
results be achieved using only Google Groups? What obstacles need to be
overcome for collaboration to work here?

\define Collaboration()

"Collaboration is the process of two or more people or organizations working
together to complete a task or achieve a goal. Collaboration is similar to
cooperation." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaboration

\end

\define Google Groups ()

Google Groups is a chronologically organised, discussion based message-board
forum with a search facility. It has been used by Tiddlywiki as its central
discussion forum for over 14 years, since June 2005. It contains over
$missingvar posts and has 6810 members. The group's all time most active poster
is founder Jeremy Ruston with over 5646 posts.

\end

Stage 2: Time allowance 1 week. Submissions open Thursday 3rd October -
Submissions Close Wednesday 9th October.

Generate and publish a Survey questionnaire using questions from stage 1 and
post it here on the forum for completion by users. Again, no discussion at this
stage.

Stage 3: Time allowance 1 week. Submissions open Friday 11th October -
Submissions close Friday 18th October.
Collate, condense and tally Survey results and produce and publish a Conference
Agenda and an Invitation to Attend and Discuss in a new thread here on this
forum. Basically I hope to publish an Agenda and invite immediate discussion
and feedback. This is when the discussion will take place. I might try and use
this - Nominal Group Technique -
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominal_group_technique but it depends on the

Stage 4: Time allowance 1 week. Publication Friday 25th October.

Produce and publish here on the forum a Conference Report outlining methods,
mechanisms and tools that can be used to facilitate collaboration and
cooperation within this Google Group. That's it.

Well, I hope you'll take part - if nothing happens at least we'll know this
approach isn't very popular, but I'm hoping we'll get some useful low-tech
collaboration tools out of the 'Conference' which will be available to forum
users in the future.

We're now at Stage 1, open for submissions until 2nd October - I'll bump this
thread up the list until then if it looks like it's disappearing down the
memory hole.
Please post below, thanks for your time and collaboration!