I've been working lots on GeoTiddlyWiki... For those who are not
familiar with the project the project brings portable offline maps to
TiddlyWiki.

It's come a long way since last time, I have spent most of my time
painfully analysing and playing with vml to give good support to
Internet Explorer. I've learnt alot during this time (I will share
these learnings in future) and have now got quite a good internet
explorer experience relative to the Firefox and Safari experiences
with canvas.

The project started with showing geo data on a map that you can colour
but I've now been going into the world of google's api and I have
added basic functions that for local copies will allow you to pull
static images and lookup longitude and latitudes of locations and save
these locally. I can see lots of use cases for this include travel
itinerary planning/plotting your favourite pubs or plotting your
dopplr trips on the map. I've been working in the geo world for quite
a while now and I can say its extremely interesting!!

Please have a look at the official site where you will find lots of
examples of what it can do and find further information if you want to
get involved or use the plugin for your own ideas (I know geocaching
has been mentioned before)

Have a look here and let me know what you think:
http://www.jonrobson.me.uk/workspaces/geotiddlywiki/tiddlers/The Map/