> Have the changes to the macro handling described in the last post
> ( http://tinyurl.com/bxnde5 ) about TiddlyWiki-jQuery work been
> dropped? I can't seem to find them in this release.

Those plans have indeed been dropped.
You're right that we should have posted an update in that previous
thread - and we'd be happy to elaborate on the reasons there.
To be fair though, we never got much of a response to those proposals,
so there didn't seem to be much interest in the issue.
The upshot is that for now, the macro and plugin interface will remain
unchanged.

> In Steps 2 & 3 of the jQuery integration process that you describe,
> it seems like a careful review of the entire TW code would be needed
> to affect a proper re-factoring with jQuery in mind. What if any plans
> have been made for this? Do you have some kind of mechanism in mind to
> facilitate this?

That's definitely something we're thinking about, and of course we'd
welcome any help and/or expertise in that process!
While we have to release 2.5.0 first, we'll start a thread about this
issue soon.

> As of late I as a plugin writer have really struggled to understand
> what's happening with regards to TiddlyWiki core development despite
> monitoring Trac very closely

Could you elaborate on what it is you're missing? Normally, every issue
considered for a release should be ticketed.
I agree though that posts like Jeremy's here are very helpful in mapping
out the future plans in a "big picture" kind of way.

-- F.