>> Can you post a minimal test case over on [twdev]? Ideally, that's a
>> TiddlyWiki document with a plugin using a few lines of code to
>> illustrate the issue.
> [...]
> We often use a construction like this [...]

Sorry for the late response; your demo document wasn't exactly a minimal
test case, which led to some delay.

Basically, I've boiled it down to the following:
     store.saveTiddler("Foo", "Foo", "lorem ipsum\n\ndolor sit\namet",
         "FND", new Date(), ["bar", "baz"], config.defaultCustomFields);

That is, saveTiddler currently does not trigger automatic saving*.
So your code should call autoSaveChanges after saveTiddler. The
TiddlyWiki core does the same thing.

-- F.

* cf. http://trac.tiddlywiki.org/ticket/1014