On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Paul Downey <paul.dow...@whatfettle.com>wrote:

> > On fullscreen mode, I was assuming the current setup is you need to
> switch
> > screen resolution to 800x600, which is working fine for me. I gather
> you're
> > aiming to make it work on any resolution - is that correct?
>
> Fullscreen mode is another theme, selected by hitting the [o] thingy
> on the control panel. The idea is it'll auto hide/show the control
> panel, and size the slide to fit the window size as best it can.
>
> I guess there's two ways this could work:
>
> 1) without cropping or changing the aspect ratio -- a bit like
> fullscreen on iplayer or of a youtube video where there's a black
> border
>
> 2) croping, slightly, as in the supersized jQuery plugin:

Actually, I'd suggest in the immediate future, just toggle the control
panel, and worry about expanding etc later on. I did that in the
presentation today as a quick hack.

Regarding offlining, I also embedded everything as data: URIs. There's a
tool from Nick Zakas to data URI-ze links (
www.nczonline.net/blog/2009/11/03/automatic-data-uri-embedding-in-css-files/).
It's
targeted for CSS hence the name CSSEmbed, but the same logic could be
applied to HTML...and ideally with MHTML support.

The presentation is available at http://softwareas.com/spa-hacks.