I don't know of any *actual* conflicts between the two plugins [...] a 'flag' goes up in my mind to make sure that the compatibility
issues are being considered carefully.

I'm glad you're being vigilant!

When I'm not quite as busy (when is that? :-), I'll definitely take a
closer look at how you've implemented things... it sounds intriguing.

I just realized we haven't posted the URL yet, so here goes:
http://svn.tiddlywiki.org/Trunk/association/plugins/BinaryTiddlersPlugin.js

As Chris has said, it's tiny and intentionally basic.

-- F.