Hey, all —

I'm working on this CSV "unpacker" plugin:
http://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/csv_unpack.html

The introduction of deserializer modules, which I only discovered half-way
through the process, made things a lot easier.  But I'm a bit troubled at
the lack of a good mechanism for reporting errors in the import, or
allowing the user to customize the re-formatting of the data.

There are a few scenarios I'm thinking about:

   - The CSV can't be parsed due to some error.
      - The wiki opens a tiddler describing the error, in addition to the
      $:/Import tiddler.
      - OR:  The wiki displays error information in the $:/import tiddler.

      - The CSV is parsed successfully and the user needs to map CSV
   columns to field names in the wiki, previewing their effects.
      - A configuration tiddler appears alongside $:/Import and allows the
      user to modify the imported data before finalizing the import.
      - OR:  A "wizard" appears in the $:/Import tiddler and the user
      configures the import before proceeding to preview the tiddlers.

So, my questions:

   - Is it bad practice to create and/or display tiddlers from a
   deserializer?
   - Is it possible to incorporate this sort of functionality (wizard steps
   and error reporting) into the import mechanism in current or future
   versions of TiddlyWiki?

Currently my plugin requires all setup to be performed in advance, using
the plugin's settings.  I notice that one of the built-in deserializers
displays import errors by creating an imported tiddler to act as an error
message; I might adopt this "hack" in lieu of something better.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/e1dd0adf-d80c-450e-91bb-3b6c8d20fdbe%40googlegroups.com.