Hi Joe,

this is most definitely possible and something I think most people in the community already use. The way I do it is to put these "external" files into a "files/" directory in the node server directory and add a tiddler with the "_canonical_uri" field set to the relative path to the file, so that TW can work its magic when displaying them, i.e. in a player for audio/video or in a frame for pdf files or just displaying them as images.

While I use a simple server modification to do this, there is Arlen's TiddlyServer [1] to accomplish this or alternatively the http-server branch [2] in the TiddlyWiki Git repository, which SO desparately needs to get merged in to the main branch, but you can rebase it to the current version, that should work fine IMO.

/Andreas

[1] https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/static/TiddlyServer%2520by%2520Arlen%2520Beiler.html

[2] https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/http-server

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/e6f987ee-fb3e-7d00-26e9-42564fff1bfa%40googlemail.com.