Joe,

Here is something I posted previously, that may help Old Dogs grasp
TiddlyWiki. I came from a procedural language background and I was beating
my head against the wall a few times grasping how tiddlywiki works.

A conceptual outline. What follows is part of draft work in progress

If you stop to think about it, in tiddlywiki, everthing references almost
everything and any change is reflected almost everywhere and
instantaniously. These updates occur with any change at all, at least
anything you can see, any new item you look at will update when you open
it. keep in mind a simple click can be enough to make a change stored
behind the sceens.

since tiddlywiki is always upto date, you could say it does everthing just
in time (for you to look at it). its just in time for every relavant
context as well. until everything is rendered for you to see it, you can
not do anything. this is why sometimes you just have to wait. its the price
we pay for everything to be up todate. this just in time method in someways
prohibits batch processes, you could say its not procedural but contextual
and just in time.

With few exceptions if any. all changes come from the user, and when they
do everything that must be changed is and rendered in the new context. this
seems to be the essence of event driven processes that keep all objects and
their attributes upto date just in time.

Of course there are differences when you actualy change something vs just
changing your view or context.

The above account in someways explains why i did not initialy understand
why you need buttons and similar to trigger any action because tiddlywiki
waits until you change something including pressing a button before it
acts, reevaluates the context, updates everything it must and renders it
just in time.

this model will not nessasarily be a supprise to anyone who is a
webdevloper, object and event driven coder, and strangly anyone who coded
online transaction based mainframes. it can however take someone with
advanced proceedural languages and batch programming time to grasp,

this structure also sheds light on tiddlywiki not responding naturaly to
multi user updates, though fine with multiuser read only.
End of example conceptual outline.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/c821ac64-6e52-430b-b11d-14762a0d1aa6%40googlegroups.com.