Hi Joe,

Everything used from tiddlywiki.com is licensed, based on the following
definitions from 2 CLAs

see: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/licenses

more specific for individuals:
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/licenses/cla-individual.md#2-grant-of-rights

TiddlyWiki *code* uses: BSD 3-cause
TiddlyWiki *docs* uses: CC-BY

Every contributor needs to sign the CLA prior to merging the pull-request.
Signing the CLA is an "active" process. So it can't happen by accident. The
list of contributors can be seen at the end of the CLA.

Every plugin, that can be included with the TW plugin manager has to use
the same licenses.

3rd party plguins should have their own licenses, which are completely up
to the author. If a plugin itself uses external libraries, the used
licenses can add up.

see:
https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/markdown-it/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwikilabs%2Fmarkdown-it

... where my plugin uses BSD 3-clause and the underlying library uses MIT.

I personally don't include the license text. I include links only. ...
Because for some of my plugins the license text would be bigger then the
"real" plugin content.

If licenses are defined within a VCS (version control system), it's easy to
verify, which license was active at any given time. If 3rd party plugins
are hosted, without VCS, it will be difficult, since the author can change
the library text at any time. So the latest active plugin could have had a
different license 2 years ago.

I personally would *not* want to contribute to the "EDLs (Edit description
lists)" because I consider it "bloat of metadata". I'm in favor of having
an "audit-able" system, but it needs to come "naturally". So it has to be
part of the underlying system, without the need to make the core more
complicated.

IMO a system with much potential for TiddlyWiki is the DAT-protocol and
DAT-filesystem. see: DAT-project <https://datproject.org/>

It uses a "copy on write" storage system, that is "naturally" versioned. So
it's easy to create valid links to licenses, which also include the whole
"prose text". ...

just some thoughts.

have fun!
mario