Hi Mat

> On 11 Feb 2020, at 11:42, Mat <matiasg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm hijacking the thread (since the question seems straightened out) with a
> long shot but: The long time problem with refresh and therefore lost focus
> when one is editing a maro tiddler... could this somehow be prevented using
> importvariables…?

The long time problem with the refresh mechanism is that it doesn’t maintain
certain state when widgets are deleted and recreated as part of the refresh
cycle (selection status, focus, scroll positions, the state of summary/detail
widgets etc).

Xavier’s specific problem here is that changing a global macro tiddler causes
the entire page template to be reconstructed, losing the focus status.

The lack of state preservation is a major flaw that I’d like to see fixed. We
have some proposals for partial solutions that work for some state in some
situations, but we really need a rethink that makes state preservation just
work. One possibility is adopting a more conventional virtual DOM strategy for
updating the DOM.

Best wishes

Jeremy.