Hi,

That's a very interesting topic. Printing books has been developed and
improved since about 500 years. .. HTML and the internet was able to
"destroy" it in 20 years. .. In the last may be 10 years the standardizing
groups try to implement elements from "printed media" into "web media"

We got new HTML/CSS elements like flexbox, grid, masking and others, that
allow us to improve and control the layout of a web page. ... BUT we are
still miles away from printing a good looking page, directly from the
browser.

We need to convert HTML to TeX with 3rd party tools, to be able to get a
good looking printed page, that we can read with joy as a PDF. .. No trees
need to die ;)

-mario