Saq,

As you are aware the wikification process is linked to the render process.
I am trying to keep this issue focused and fix the gap I have highlighted.
The term I try and use is "evaluate", basically to resolve a value from the
wikitext elements and use it in logic and other tests, ideally without
wikification, but evaluation. Can these be separated?, if not then
wikification would be a good target for preperformance improvements, it's a
nexus between the parsing and rendering, logic and practical use.

*Just as {{||template}} is not supported as a widget attribute,
{{{filter||template}}} is not supported for filtered attributes. *

I am not so sure about this statement. I understood the template
pre-processes the result then delivers the value(s) to the attribute. I
will look more closely.

Tones