Well yeah ... but while you're contemplating the syntactic sugar of
Scratch, consider Snap! which is a cleaner implementations.
But if one has to implement turtle graphics -- similar to SVG -- anyway,
then why not provide turtle graphics sooner rather than later during any
development cycle resulting in providing scratch/Snap! as the final goal?

If you contact Brian Harvey as one of the developers of Snap! you might
test his interest level and willingness to help you implement Snap!
functionality in a tiddler.