On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:15:18PM +0100, Tim Small wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get a working libvnc.so for Debian Squeeze which will work
> with the Debian packaged xorg servers.  I followed unix/README from
> tigervnc svn trunk, using the Debian Squeeze xorg-server-1.7.7 build
> package.  Having hacked hw/vnc/Makefile.am so that it doesn't assume the
> build dir is the same as the src dir (the Debian package doesn't get
> built like that), I finally got it to spit out a libvnc.so which I
> installed manually.
>
> It seems to do something, in that the Xserver starts up and can be
> connected to using a VNC client, but as soon as there is any pointer or
> keyboard activity from a client, the X server dies with:
>
> /usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libvnc.so: undefined symbol:
> AllocDevicePair
>
> and a grep -r -l AllocDevicePair /usr/lib/xorg/modules/
>
> ... only says ...
>
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libvnc.so
>
> Before I go and start digging around the Byzantine xorg tree, am I
> missing something obvious?  As that symbol isn't included in any other
> xort modules on Debian, I assume the linking for libvnc.so needs to be
> modified?  greping for the same symbol name in the build directory gives:
>
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/Xext/.libs/xtest.o
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/Xext/.libs/libXext.a
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/Xi/.libs/xichangehierarchy.o
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/Xi/.libs/libXi.a
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/dix/.libs/devices.o
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/dix/.libs/libdix.a
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/hw/vnc/.libs/libvnccommon_la-Input.o
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/hw/vnc/.libs/libvnccommon.a
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/hw/vnc/.libs/libvnc.so
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/hw/vnc/Xvnc
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/hw/xfree86/loader/sdksyms.c
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/include/input.h
> ./unix/xserver/build-main/test/.libs/libxservertest.lax/libdix.a/devices.o

Hello,

please check if Debian Xorg server (main Xorg server, not Xvnc sources)
has following patches applied:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=2f29b163bbdebe384c24f781bb97b446959e8f4c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=626f97688a89dbc5da80390d822d21b1a737de0e

With those patches livnc.so should work fine.

Regards, Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.